Free Online Graphic Text Slogan T-Shirt Designer

This is a blog about the creation of an online textual design tool.
Visit ShirtBloke.com
Use The Free Online Designer
Browse The ClipArt Gallery
Visit The Daily Shirt Shop

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

More Apologies

Website still not working, but I at least know why now.

Turns out that the guy who runs the webhosting company (who used to be very good and put in time and effort beyond the call of duty) has sold the business on to a third party.

Now I can understand the reasons for not telling his clients before the sale - business confidentiality etc, but the sale went through on April 28, 2006, and it's now June and we've only just found out about it - and that was through a forum post - they hadn't bothered informing any of their clients about this by email.

And the worst of it is that the transfer of accounts to the new datacenter came without warning, and has gone horrendously wrong for an awful lot of their clients - me included. People's sites have been unavailable, partially available or full of error messages. And service has been slow to nonexistent. And I can't even access my site to make a backup so I can't even think of transferring anywhere else (not that I could afford to at the moment.)

There's been almost no access to my site in two weeks now - although people in other locations have been able to access it, which is bizarre.

If you'd like to read the apology(!) from the former webhost, then look here....
http://forum.doorhost.net/showthread.php?p=15113#post15113

I used to recommend these people to others - but guess what now?
I shall keep my recommendations to myself and avoid looking like a fool.

The ShirtBloke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home